Monday, January 14, 2008

Coupons...

I had a brainstorm last night (I have those often) about a way to help others. I am not entirely sure I will act on my brainstorm but I am praying about it and thought I would start with this so in case I do feel God wanting me to do this I would be ready.

I know so many people throw out their coupons, and these coupons are exactly what allows me to get things for FREE at CVS (I combine coupons with the weekly and monthly CVS ads). If I can collect people's unused coupons, I could help others from Cornerstone learn the CVS game and also teach them how to price compare at grocery stores too. I have already taught (well, I led them to the websites that taught them) Shannon and Kirsten, and Kirsten is now teaching her best friend Melissa. For now I would love to collect coupons and share with Shannon, Kirsten, myself, and Melissa and I will be praying about my little brainstorm of sharing with others. Shannon and I both get our own papers but there are so many deals that could be done multiple times if we had numerous coupons for the same items (example: Colgate toothpaste and Loreal Shampoo and Conditioner last week...I could have run that deal 3 more times if I had the right coupons). Kirsten and Melissa buy their papers right now and I would love to be able to provide them with the coupons they need each week.

So I was wondering if any of you would be willing to do any of the following...
  • Send me your own unused coupons (un cut or cut, either way is fine)
  • Set up a "Coupons for Cornerstone" (or some other name) box(es) and collect coupons at MUMC for us and my mom could mail them all to me each week.
  • Set up a box at your own church/workplace/small group to collect coupons for us and be in charge of sending them to us, or getting them to my mom who could mail them if you are in Charlotte.

Another thing I am doing with all of these great products I am getting multiples of is saving them for God's Girls. We give away tons of hygiene products that week and I usually have to spend money on these items. I already have a big stash saved up for this year and if I can get more coupons I could get my entire stash filled up by the time the program comes in August!

And, this is obviously a great way for us to get free products for ourselves as it certainly helps us save money in other areas where we have fallen short. Please email me or leave a comment here if you would like to do one of these things or have another idea. I am praying about the "share with others" idea because it would obviously be time I would need to create each week to prepare for and lead a small group in sharing coupons and preparing CVS/grocery trips. It could potentially turn into a big time occupier for me and I have to be careful about stuff like that! I would also have to have tons of coupons saved to be able to shared beyond myself, Shannon, Kirsten and Melissa. We'll see where God takes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment