Saturday, October 15, 2011

My New “Job”

I am not sure how you can call hanging out with these cuties a “job” but I suppose that’s what it is in a way! ;-)  This is an assortment of faces from my new 4-6 year old Children's Church Class which I am now teaching!

Childrens Church

It came to our attention long ago that we needed to break up our younger Children's Church class which had 2-5 year olds.  This age range was just too wide and our numbers were growing weekly-making it unsafe at times.  Also, a few kids have joined us with some pretty major behavioral special needs making it even more important to divide.

After months of developing a plan, Trish led us all in the switch which has went beautifully.  Trish is now officially our Cornerstone Children's Ministries Director.  She always has been but it has an official title and job description now-MUCH more official and I love it.  She is wonderful and has already made many great changes.

I have always wanted to teach a Kindergarten class of some sort and this was the perfect opportunity and perfect timing, now that Lili is in the 2-3 year old class.  So, I said YES! Chris and Patsy are the co-teachers for 2-3 and Trish, Jack, and Denise lead the 7-11 year olds.  We all come together now in the beginning for a fun worship song time led by Trish, before breaking off into our classes!

I am the lead teacher for 4-6 year olds, with Jen Kliewer as my co-teacher.  I also have a volunteer or 2 each week-one usually a preteen or teen!

IMG_3895

We are using my Raising Rocks Stars Preschool program-which I developed for homeschooling last year.  I am changing up the lessons to make them for a group and the kids love it so far! 

IMG_4416We have a focus Bible verse, focus story from the book, My ABC Bible Verses, and a few activities to help the kids memorize the verse AND it’s meaning.

IMG_4730

We are doing each verse for 2 weeks {mostly since attendance is not always weekly}. 

IMG_4734

I am just LOVING this “job” of mine.  I miss my Kindergarten teaching days and this is perfect!

2 comments:

  1. Do you meet on Sundays? Are the different age group classes at the same time in different places?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are all during the worship service. The kids come downstairs and divide up into their CC classes while their parents are upstairs for big church. ;-)

    ReplyDelete