I am teaching a unit in my Sunday school class which is a follow up to a speech they heard at the Revolve Tour. The talk was given by Chad Eastham, a wonderful, and hilarious speaker who motivates pre-teens and teens in the areas of purity and relationships mainly. The girls really got into this and I decided to take it a bit further. So, for a few weeks now the girls have been making lapbooks!
The idea came to me and I just ran with it and it is going SO well, I love it, and they are loving it! We have a really tiny SS room, and we have had it packed for this! I have 14 lapbooks in the works right now! I think it's going to take us 2 more weeks to finish, tomorrow we are comparing lyrics from mainstream artists and Christian artists.
Oh, and the theme..."Treasure or Target" is all about girls and the way they present themselves to guys, as an easy target or a treasure. Here's a great link describing it, the girls actually have a copy of this in their lapbooks (click on his July posts and go down to the July 19 post to see the one I am trying to link to).
The idea came to me and I just ran with it and it is going SO well, I love it, and they are loving it! We have a really tiny SS room, and we have had it packed for this! I have 14 lapbooks in the works right now! I think it's going to take us 2 more weeks to finish, tomorrow we are comparing lyrics from mainstream artists and Christian artists.Oh, and the theme..."Treasure or Target" is all about girls and the way they present themselves to guys, as an easy target or a treasure. Here's a great link describing it, the girls actually have a copy of this in their lapbooks (click on his July posts and go down to the July 19 post to see the one I am trying to link to).
I will be posting photos of completed lapbooks, you're going to love seeing them, they are awesome!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment