I don’t write much about ministry stuff anymore. I know many of my readers miss that and I am sorry. Being at home full time means that my children are my main ministry. This does not mean that I am not in the middle of Cornerstone ministry every day, it’s just totally different than it used to be.
Sure, I still lead Prayer Pal on Wed nights, I teach God’s Girls on Sunday mornings, I even still meet with a former God’s Girl for weekly counseling. But, my main ministry work is in supporting Frank and the recovery ministry. I am the behind the scenes-silent partner. We are so VERY connected though, and talk daily about the ups and downs of what is going on.
Let me assure you, this is one tough ministry to work in. Frank can make every plan in the world, only to have them all be changed in an instant when someone he is working with needs him. He can be having the greatest day, only to walk out the door and get a phone call finding out someone he has been working with has slipped and is using again. The ups are nice, but man-the downs just plain suck.
It is SO hard to see someone you have grown to love {which there are quite a few now} fall after many months-or even years of actively following the Lord and staying clean.
Frank is amazing though. His ability to serve others constantly amazes me. His heart to follow the Lord-even when it doesn’t make sense, is just beautiful. He is one strong man-for so many reasons. Sure, he gets angry, and sometimes he comes in and says he is just plain done. But, that never lasts long, he always allows God to soften him and he is ready to take on the next battle set before him.
Yes, sometimes it’s hard. The hours are long, the days are unpredictable, the job is constantly changing, the work can be emotionally draining, BUT we are honored to be a team working for God. It truly is an honor to say we just passed our 6 year anniversary of serving here in Kensington. My job looks nothing like I thought it would, yet I am so thankful and blessed with the work set before me each day. Raising my children and supporting my awesome husband is the best job I could have ever dreamed of.
No comments:
Post a Comment