I finally began something new today, something I have been praying about for awhile and really wanting to do. I have been patient and trusting God to place the right child in my hands and He has! I did not seek her out, honestly had no idea she was needing what I had to offer. You see, I have been praying about tutoring 1 child, thinking it would be a K-1st grader who was falling behind already, thinking of mainly boys too, since Pax is a boy. Well, God had a different idea, He brought me T...who I have known for awhile, who is really close with Trish, who has an older sister who is a God's Girl, who is quiet, funny, adorable and friends with Paxton. I started tutoring her today. Well, today I just figured out where she is at and what she needs and I understand FULLY now why God chose her for me. This beautiful little girl is 8 years old, in 2nd grade (should be in 3rd) and is preforming (in literacy at least) lower than Paxton who isn't even 6 yet. It broke my heart. Trish believes she has slipped through because of her quiet, sweet personality, she gets lost in the crowd and doesn't speak up when she doesn't know something. Well, I am stepping in and I will follow God's lead and hopefully be able to help her.
Paxton was thrilled when she came over today, as I said...they are friends! I asked T while we were "testing" if she would like to work with Paxton too or just with me and she said with Pax, which he was so excited about when I told him later. She also chose to come over to our house instead of the Hope House. After some learning time, she came upstairs to play with the boys,

Kyler was in heaven too...he seemed to really like her!

Please pray for T, for her educational future, that I will be able to help her, and also for her troubled family life. Her sister, M, who is in my GG Sunday School class is going to be tutored weekly by Trish at the same time I tutor T. M is 2 grade levels behind too and is really struggling in the 5th grade. So much has happened to these little girls, and so much continues to happen. I just pray that we can be the light of Christ in their lives and lead them on a road filled with hope for their future.
I am SO excited and so thankful to God for how He worked all of this out! I really think you stepping down from Kids Club had as much to do with God's plan for T as much as anything else (though I think there are other obvious reasons as well, hehe). Thank you SO much for staying faithful!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you both for all you do! To know T and M are getting tutored makes me very happy:) Thank you for doing God's work in Philadelphia!
ReplyDelete