Today was awesome! Our day began with a “Ministry to Missionaries” time this morning from 10-12. It was a small group consisting of the pastoral staff at MUMC and the missionaries who are here this week. Many areas of God’s world were represented…Peru, Bolivia, Dominican Republic, Cameroon, Kenya, Belize, and NY. It was such an honor to sit in a room with so many missionaries. Pastor Ken led our time together by having each of us share about who we are and what we do-this was amazing and I learned so much.
After sharing he asked us to be real and share the struggles that we face and how the pastoral staff can be praying specifically for us. This was a humbling time as we all realized how similar we all are. Serving as a missionary comes with its own set of struggles, doesn’t seem to matter where you are in the world.
We had a luncheon with the MUMC staff after that and it was wonderful! This evening we had a leadership event with the volunteer staff at MUMC, which was fabulous too. Frank spoke on a panel with other missionaries,
A few of the speakers…
Ron serving in Belize, with Oasis Ministry.
Ben, a Compassion International sponsored child {from the slums of Kenya}, who is now working for them and also serving in the inner city of Memphis, TN!!! More to come on Ben, it’s an amazing story!
Frank, and Don to the right of Frank-serving in Gloversville, NY {also came from MUMC}…
I have met some amazing people and heard of some amazing ministries, I plan to share more about the ones that have touched my heart. Each time I get to hear them talk I love it! This has been an awesome experience for us!
Wow Carisa, what a wonderful opportunity for all of you. Thank you for sharing. I would have loved to hear the stories as well. I think that it is so great that Pastor Ken asked for you all to be real and to share your struggles so that others could pray for you, that is so important to do. If you ever feel led to share them here we would be honored to pray for you as well. We hope that your weekend continues to be wonderful.
ReplyDelete