We are getting more and more excited to head down to NC for the Global Impact Celebration hosted by our home church Matthews United Methodist. To read the newsletter shown below showing the many missions that will be involved, click here and then download the Feb 11 newsletter.
Honestly when this was first mentioned to me, I had no idea it was as “big” as it is! I am now so very excited and honored to be a part of this!
We recently got our schedule and I can share a few specifics about what we will be doing for our part of the celebration. This is written more for our family members and those specifically involved with us while we visit NC, sorry for the rest of you-this will be quite boring, feel free to skip this part!
We will arrive Monday late afternoon, spending Tuesday settling in and visiting family.
I am fairly certain the items I have bolded below would be things that are open to the general public and we hope to see you there if you are from the area! I am not positive on this and will be sharing updates as I learn more about what each event entails.
Wednesday March 2…
- 1:00-4:00 Setting up our display
- 4-5 Orientation
- 5-6 Orientation Dinner
- 6-6:30-We will be at our display table
- 6:30-8 Kick Off Celebration Service
- 6:45-8 Children/Youth Activities
- Carisa will be a part of this
- 6:45-8 Children/Youth Activities
- 8:00-? We will be at our display table
Thursday March 3
- 10am-12pm-Ministry to Missionaries
- 12-1:30 Luncheon
- 6:30-7:15 Leadership Night Fellowship Time
- 7:30-8:30 Leadership Event
Friday March 4
- 11:30am-1:00pm Senior Adult Luncheon
- 6:30pm-8:30 International Banquet
Saturday March 5 {our 12th wedding anniversary!}
- 7:00am-9:00am Men’s Breakfast
- 11:30am-1:00 Women’s Lunch
- Evening ~ Global Home Briefing w/the Faith Sunday School Class, at someone’s home
Sunday March 6
- 8:20-9:20 We’ll be w/ the Parousia Sunday School class
- 9:40-10:40 We will be in worship service
- Afternoon ~ take down display
- 4:30pm-5:15 Debriefing
- 5:15-5:45 Supper
- 6:00-7:30pm Life Commitment Service
As you can see we have a FULL schedule and we are really excited! On top of this already full schedule we will be flying Frank home immediately after the Life Commitment Service so he can get back to Philly for the ASU mission team who will already be here. We can’t drive all night with the entire family so this was how we had to make this work. I {Carisa} will drive the kids home myself in 2 parts, stopping off at my friend Jolanthe’s house midway to visit with her for a few days, returning to Philly later in the week. Right now I plan to leave Charlotte on Tues or Wed depending on how the kids do.
We will celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary AND 7th anniversary of being in Philly on March 5th while in NC!
Anyone feeling like this after reading all of that?
I am sure we will be flat worn out but it is all so worth it!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment