We are here in NC, I am sitting in the room I grew up in, listening to the hum of Lili’s sound machine through the monitor. We were blessed with amazing weather…after a prediction of bad storms the entire way down. We left Philly at 6am, by the time daylight hit-all rain was gone and wasn’t seen again!. We were greeted with warm 80 degree weather when we arrived around 3:15 and the kids had a BLAST playing outside for a long time!
All of that is wonderful, but it’s not really why I am taking the time to write tonight. Honestly I am beat and just want to close my eyes. But, after my post the other day, I feel compelled to write and to say thank you to those of you who prayed for our friend. We got news today that despite unbelievable odds-he was accepted and has currently been in a hospital detox program for over 24 hours!!!!! This same man has tried hospitals before and been rejected-several times. The system is hard to understand and even harder to explain…but trust me, the fact that we got this news today is no small deal, it is HUGE! This is a glimmer of hope. A true glimmer that just might turn into a bright light.
Please continue praying for our friend, nothing would bring me more joy than to arrive back in Philly to see him heading in the right direction.
No comments:
Post a Comment